Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styling PDF links

Hi Zoom Searchers,

One nice useabilty feature I would like to use on our site is to style links that open pdfs (or other non html documents) on my results pages from a zoom search.

To hightlight PDFs + Docs via css I found this article on 45 Berea st.

As Zoom search results pages create links with query strings added e.g "?zoom_highlight=" the above method will not work.

Is there a way around this? Can I turn off the generated query string links somehow?

Many thanks in advance.

Wow just found how to Associate icon images with a file type.

Fantastic, Zoom search engine has it all!

Comment

Originally posted by b_darren View Post
      As Zoom search results pages create links with query strings added e.g "?zoom_highlight=" the above method will not work.

Is there a way around this? Can I turn off the generated query string links somehow?
      The "zoom_highlight=" parameter is only added to result links if you have "Jump to match and highlight within document" enabled under "Configure"->"Results Layout". Unchecking this option (and re-indexing) will disable this behaviour.

PDF files have a similar option which adds "#search=" for Acrobat Reader to highlight words. This is under "Configure"->"Scan options", double click on ".pdf" and uncheck "Highlight and locate matched words within PDF document viewer".

Originally posted by b_darren View Post
      Wow just found how to Associate icon images with a file type.

Fantastic, Zoom search engine has it all!
      Glad to hear it. I hope that means you found what you're looking for.

For others looking to do something similar, here's the support page:
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...ge_layout.html
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X