ASP.NET "Internal error occurred."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP.NET "Internal error occurred."

No matter where I install the ASP.NET Search Control, I receive this error. Yes, I have converted the folder to run as an application. Any thoughts would be appreciated. The view source says nothing useful that I could see...take a look:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head><title>
    Untitled Page
    </title></head>
    <body style="text-align:center; padding-top:50px;">
    <form name="form1" method="post" action="Error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=%2fSearch%2fsearc h.aspx" id="form1">
    <div>
    <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="/wEPDwUJODExMDE5NzY5ZGRnvm34ojK8GYMGreLtLbdQXXK5Nw= =" />
    </div>

<div>
    <span id="lblErrorMessage">Internal error occurred.</span>
    <!--ERROR_PAGE-->
    </div>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>

Btw, there is no space between the "c" and the "h" in "search.aspx", but for some reason the preview keeps showing one there.

ASP.NET and IIS are notorious for useless error messages.

Check that you have the correct version of ASP.NET specified as described here.

Make sure you have the index files generated by Zoom, placed or uploaded in the same folder.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I followed the steps outlined in the User Guide. ASP.NET version 2.057. I placed all search files generated in the folder where I installed the control. And, yes, "notorious for useless error messages" is a very accurate statement. I really think it has to be something simple, just not obvious to me as to what it is. I've checked security on the files and folder. I can get the JS version to work just fine, but would prefer the ASPX model.

Comment

I suspect there may have been some configuration changes in your IIS setup, which is causing it to display this very brief error message rather than the more usual one (though I can't be sure, I've not seen it before anyhow).

However, we do have an alternative solution for using Zoom with an ASPX website. It involves using the CGI option and creating a ASPX wrapper page to call it. This is described in detail here and you may want to give this a try instead:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/aspdotnet.html
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks, Ray, I'll try this out. After stripping components from the page, one by one, I was able to isolate a form conflict with an imbedded form control added by a different product. With the imbedded form located in the master page definitions, it's hard to work around...hopefully, this CGI approach will work.

Comment

See the bottom of the above linked support page. It provides an alternative to not using a <form> at all, that way you can have the search box inside another form without issue.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X