Can't get images to display in search listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get images to display in search listings

Hi, I'm trying to get the images to display next to the search listings. I looked on the forum and on your FAQ page and found the steps to get the image plugin, and to modify the configuration section, but I can't seem to get the images to display... even after I included the Meta tag (i.e. <meta name="ZOOMIMAGE" content="images/nf/9780987890678.jpg">) on the pages containing the images I want to display. In the Zoom Search Engine configuration panel, I double clicked on .jpg extension, went to Configure Images, checked off "Display different thumbnails for each file", under "Associate files with thumbnails found at the following URL folder:" I inputted this path: store/images/ (the store folder is the root).

In addition, when I start indexing, I get a warning message: Image Plugin... Could not find meta information...and then the correct url pointing to each image for each page indexed is listed... any thoughts?

Lastly, it dawned on me that perhaps the Image plugin warning is coming up because the images have no meta information.. which I was able to find out when right clicking on one of the images on my desktop, and going to properties, and viewing the title, author, and keywords fields.. they were blank. I have up to 70,000 images and all of them are like that. Is there any way to have the pictures shown next to each search listing despite not having descriptive information for each image?

Thanks in advance!

New information: I browsed through the forums and came across this one post from someone going through the same problem as me. The link is here: http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2608 .. in relation to this post, although my pictures have no meta information, they are named according to the ISBN number.. i.e 9780987678987.jpg.. any advice?
    Last edited by expo777; Mar-13-2009, 07:07 PM. Reason: adding new information

There is a difference between,
    1) Indexing and searching for images. (meta data is important for this)
    2) Displaying images next to search results. e.g. associating a thumbnail with a HTML page. Meta data is not required for this.

So are you trying to do 1) or 2), or maybe both ?

These two different features are discussed in seperate FAQ's. Here they are,
    Q. How do I associate images with my search results?
    Q. How do I index image files (eg. JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF)?

At the moment I think you are confusing the two.

Some additional questions.
    What is the URL to your search function? So we can see the problem.
    It is HTML pages you are trying to associated a thumbnail with, or PDF's or something else?
    Did you turn on image display from the "results layout" configuration window?

Comment

Working...
    X