PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Page Templates Library / Share? Google-like view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Page Templates Library / Share? Google-like view?

Hello,

We have just few days ago purchased professional version, everything works fine, but I am wondering if there are available some more templates for search page ready to use? I think this might be useful to provide users number of templates (20-50) with different design and so on.

I am particulary interested in creating style most similar to Google standard scheme, but adjusting styles with sizes and fonts takes time - probably someone can shere such the template?

I tried to search the forum on such questions, but didn't found an answers yet.

Thank you

This is not a bad idea.

The default template file is just an empty web page, with some CSS defined and a location specified for the search results (and search form) to appear.

Changing the appearance of the template file is just like editing any other web page. So in terms of design of navigation menus, etc. we're not sure how useful it is to have different templates, because everyone has a different web site and you would usually want the search page to match the rest of your site rather than look different.

It really shouldn't be very difficult for anyone who is familiar with making a web page.

On the other hand, the Advanced Template Options (see Users Guide) can be used in a good number of different ways to achieve very different looking results (e.g. you can have the 'Result pages: 1 2 3 Next >>' links at the top of the results), and those sort of templates could be interesting.

Either way, if we hear from more users who wish to contribute their templates to share on the forum, we're happy to make them available.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X