Trying to customize asp.net search page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to customize asp.net search page

Hi there. I am evaluating your product for my company. It was very easy to install the crawler and the ASP.Net native control. I was able to get the generic search page up in minutes. However, in trying to customize the page, I have run into problems. We use master pages on our site, and when I put your control into a page which has a master page, the form no longer submits. The page refreshes and the text box retains any old value. That is one problem. The other is that we have a search text box in all our pages in our headers to get to that search page, and your example code for an asp.net search box is simply not working. I get "undefined" in the search box, which I believe means that the javascript code you gave re: "this.form.zoon_query.value" is not correct. We would be very close to purchasing an edition of your program if we can resolve these issues. Please help.

Originally posted by BigE54 View Post
    Hi there. I am evaluating your product for my company. It was very easy to install the crawler and the ASP.Net native control. I was able to get the generic search page up in minutes. However, in trying to customize the page, I have run into problems. We use master pages on our site, and when I put your control into a page which has a master page, the form no longer submits. The page refreshes and the text box retains any old value.
    This problem is addressed by disabling the form generated by the control (via the Indexer, "Configure"->"Search Page"->"Search form" change dropdown from "Advanced" to "Do not generate") and then adding your own form on the template page (or elsewhere on your master page) as described in this FAQ:
    Q. How do I create a search form on my ASPX pages?

Originally posted by BigE54 View Post
    The other is that we have a search text box in all our pages in our headers to get to that search page, and your example code for an asp.net search box is simply not working. I get "undefined" in the search box, which I believe means that the javascript code you gave re: "this.form.zoon_query.value" is not correct.
    Well if your code is as you say above, then you have a typo where it says "zoon_query" when it should be "zoom_query". I would double check the code you copied with the above linked URL. Best to use copy+paste to be sure you didn't mis-type anything. Remember it is important to have the name attribute for the input text field as specified.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X