sitemap.xml dynamically populate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitemap.xml dynamically populate

We are hoping to have greater control over the sitemap.xml output formatting. Is there a way we can use zoom meta tags to create/control the output of sitemap.xml? We would dynamically populate values as required. In particular:
    <loc>http://www.example.com/</loc>
    <lastmod>2005-01-01</lastmod> We'd Dynamically update
    <changefreq>monthly</changefreq> We'd Dynamically update
    <priority>0.8</priority> Currently using page boost, but would like to dynamically update outside of zoom indexing(for site map purposes.)

Thanks again for a great product! Look forward to any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks,

The format used is the format accepted by Google. It isn't our format.
    If you wish to modify the content outside of Zoom using a script, then there should be nothing to stop you. It is just a text file.

Comment

I'd like more flexibility with XML sitemaps generation, too

I love Zoom Search, can't live without it and all that... but I agree that more options for specifying URL settings for XML sitemaps would be great. That's what I mainly use Zoom Search for these days, so it would save me lots of time if Zoom Search could output a more complete XML sitemap file without the need for manual editing afterward.

I like how the ZOOMPAGEBOOST tag allows for the setting of dynamic priority settings. It would be nice to be able to somehow autogenerate the changefreq setting as well. I don't think Google really looks at the lastupdate setting, so I don't think that would be as helpful as the ability to set changefreq through a meta tag of some kind.

Thanks,
      Cory

Comment

Yes, that's a good idea.

It's worth emphasizing, in response to the original post, that as Cory noted, the ZOOMPAGEBOOST meta tag does control the <priority> setting. And <lastmod> can be specified by the Last-Modified meta tag.

But yes, <changefreq> isn't included in the sitemap XML file at the moment, as there is no recognized way to specify this as meta data. We could add support for a ZOOMCHANGEFREQ or a similar meta tag though, and it could come in handy for determining what pages to check during Incremental Update as well as being part of the sitemap. We'll put this on the list of things to consider for V7.

If anybody else would like such a feature (or have any other requests), please let us know. The more popular a request is, the more likely it is to be implemented.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X