I'm stuck!! indexing .swf files....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stuck!! indexing .swf files....

Ok heres what i'm trying to do...i have a 2 third party products that convert doc files into swf files..then by using your product i was hoping to index them into the search engine...but everytime i try it crashes the software....am i trying to achieve the impossible or am i missing something? or is there another way?

The reason i want to do this is for secuirty etc for a searchable document repositry as a view window for example...(hope that makes sense)!!

I am not sure how this helps with security. If you want your document to be secure, then encrypt it with a password & don't put it on the web.

But anyway. If you can send us and example of one of these files we can have a look at it. Or post a link.

When you say it crashes the software, do you mean Zoom crashes, or the SWF plugins, or your DOC to SWF converter.

What was the exact crash message? Are you using the latest Zoom release and plugins. What O/S are you using?

Another option might be to index the original DOC files, then use the rewrite links feature to point the search results to the SWF files.

Comment

the whole thing crashes and no message you have to go back into zoom. Very strange. I have a feeling that it is what i'm trying to which makes it crash

Anyway it sounds like that might be the answer you mentioned about rewriting the links feature how would i go about doing that? and letting it search the docs but in fact pointing it to the .swf files

Comment

Turn on debug mode logging ("Configure"->"Index log") and reproduce the crash. This should create a log file which you can then use to determine what file it was up to (or what its last attempted action was) immediately prior to the crash. Send us this log and also the file it was indexing, and your ZCFG file with your saved configuration, and we can take a closer look.

Information on the Rewrite Links feature can be found under chapter 2.2.6 in the Users Guide.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X