Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• index of directory

Hello,
    I've just upgraded to V6 and I am only indexing pdf files in an archive directory. The search works great and finds all pdf files containing the search term, but then returns a link to the directory where the files are stored, such as....

4. Index of /basics/archive-pdf/nonfiction/autobiography
    ... ..> 07-May-2009 13:16 2.8M Nkosi speech.pdf 07-May-2009

If you click on the link above it takes you to a directory and not a file. How can I eliminate results like the one above?

Thanks for a great product!

Go into Zoom settings/ Skip options/ in the box add your default File names.

Index, default Etc. FOr the Files to be skipped.

What could be going on is. You are indexing your default files. Which often time contain allot of search terms due to the naming system in place.

Even though the path ends with /
    it is pointing to your default index file.

Index.html
    default.asp
    Index.php

default.html
    defualt.php
    defualt.asp

Also check you have you BASE URL correct if indexing Offline.

You might want to Disable DIR browsing on the server if you files are spider able.

Just a guess.

More info would assist.

Comment

I am guessing you are using Spider mode, and your web server is running on an Apache server with directory listings turned on.

The Apache server will list files in a folder in HTML format if there is no default.html (or index.html) files.

So Zoom indexes these HTML directory listing pages like any other HTML page.

So I assume you want to index all the files in the directory but not the directory listings. There are many possible solutions.
      1) Turn of directory listings on your server. But you might be depending on this listing to find the rest of your PDF files?
      2) Switch to using offline mode for indexing if you are just using PDF files.
      and a few others if the above don't suit..

Turning off file name indexing won't help in this case. File name indexing indexing words found in the file name part of the URL. But these words are actually in the page content I think.

Comment

Offline mode works great

Hi, thanks for the quick answer! I switched to offline mode and the directory links do not appear. This will work OK.

Comment

Working...
        X