Problem with ASP.Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with ASP.Net

Hi we have been using zoom pro for a while now with classic asp ,this has been working fine. I am moving to a new server and want to use ASP.net now instead and I am having problems setting it up.

When I go to the search.aspx page I get a "500 - Internal server error."

Detailed Error Information
    Module IsapiModule
    Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler AboMapperCustom-8796
    Error Code 0x800700c1

I have followed all of the instructions as far as I know.
    1. Installed the msi on the server, selected the folder where the search page should go.
    2. Converted the folder in IIS to an application.
    3. Re-indexed with the ASP.net option. New files were uploaded into the folder.
    4. Enabled 32 bit applications

Windows 2008 R2 Server (64 bit)
    IIS 7
    .net 3.5 SP1

Any thing else i can try? Thanks

It is a long W/E here. So the person with .NET knowledge won't be in for 3 days.

But other people on the web seem to have this same problem with other IIS packages. Might be due to incorrect settings to allow the 32bit application pool in IIS. See also,
    http://www.jasonholden.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/8/7/Coldfusion-8-and-9-on-Windows-Server-2003-Server-2008-Vista-and-Windows-7-x86-and-x64

Comment

You should also make sure you are using the latest build of Zoom available, download it from here:
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

You will also have to download and install the corresponding latest ASP.NET Server Control package from here (and uninstall the old Server Control if necessary):
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/aspdotnet.html
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Both indexer and the control are now up to date and re-indexed. Still the same error. What else can I try?

Thanks

Comment

Did you look at that URL above regarding 32-bit application pools?

Otherwise, I don't quite know what else to offer. There's certainly something more unique about your situation than whats been described. The handler referenced (AboMapperCustom-8796) is not part of Zoom, so I presume you have modified "search.aspx" in some way, whether significantly or otherwise. I would recommend testing and confirming the behaviour with the very most default and standard files to begin with.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes I had looked at the link. I have not modified search.aspx at all. I am going to email you some screen shots of my setup in hopes it will give you some clues.

Comment

OK I figured it out. For anyone else that runs into this issue here is what I did and what the issue was.

The problem was that cold fusion was also installed on this server. AboMapperCustom-8796 was a handler with *. pointing to a cold fusion .dll. Even though PageHandlerFactory-ISAPI-2.0 was assigned to .aspx and was above the cold fusion handler I had to remove AboMapperCustom-8796. After it was removed search.aspx worked fine. Luckily I don't need to use cold fusion , if I did I am not sure what I would do to fix it. The Odd thing is though is that other *.aspx pages were working, it was just the zoom aspx page that did not want to load.

Here are the steps I took.
              WARNING! this *may* break portions of cold fusion for you!
              1. In IIS Select your site, Go to Handler Mappings
              2. Select AboMapperCustom-8796 with the path of * and right click remove. (You may want to play around with the order but that did not work for me.)

This was days of frustration for me so I hope this helps someone else in the future.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that (indeed, hopefully this will save others in a similar situation), and glad you figured it out in the end.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                X