Java Based Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java Based Server

I run an intranet site that runs on a webserver that is limited to java and javascript. There is no support for ASP, or .Net, or PHP.

I am looking for a way to track the effectiveness of the zoom search engine but it seems I'm limited to the javascript mode.

Any suggestions on how I might get some statistical anlysis of the search engine, or the site itself, or both would be very helpful.

If you mean strictly Java and Javascript, then it means your web server is completely incapable of any server-side scripting (they are both client-side technology that runs in the user's browser). That would be a rather useless web server in this day and age. What stops you from installing support for ASP or PHP?

If you mean JSP (Java Server Pages) then it may be capable of server-side scripting (which makes it a little more useful than first perceived), but not particularly helpful in this scenario.

To get statistical reports for searches on your web server, you will need some form of server-side scripting for it to log the behaviour on your server. Javascript and Java won't do it because they run in the user's browser (so there's no way of logging the search back on the server). You will also need to configure the appropriate file permissions on the server so that the script can write to the disk.

More information and instructions in the FAQ here:
    Q. How do I enable search word logging?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X