Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selective highlighting

Hi,

Cracking product - so impressed I can't tell you how good this is for the price. I do have one issue currently which is that the highlight script operates on all instances of a word/phrase in a page and this includes menus and other areas which I've excluded from indexing.

I know the highlight script is simply traversing the html to look for instances of the text and at this price I'm not complaining but does anybody have an approach to excluding parts of the page from highlighting. I'm not sure where to start but I'd be happy to share a solution with the community if I can find one.

I'm wondering if I can look for a specific tag or attribute to turn on highlighting from that point and turn it off again if a closing tag is found. Specifically can I operate from the ZOOMSTOP and ZOOMRESTART tags?

Anybody have an opinion?

Glad you like the product!

The jump to highlighting script should recognize ZOOMSTOP and ZOOMRESTART tags, and not highlight text within them. V5.1 or older didn't (so if you're using the "highlight.js" flie from that release then you'd need to update it), but it's been in there since the initial V6.0 release.

Is the page online? We could take a look and see if there's any specific trouble with the HTML/tags or something else.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray,

I've just checked the version in the script and it says 4.3 so perhaps that might be the problem!!

I'll root about and find a later version.

Comment

Working...
      X