Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNN with ASP.NET Server Control error

Hi,

I have installed the server control and followed the instructions for setting it up but when i browse to .../zoomaspx/search.aspx page i get the following error:

Code:
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetNuke.HttpModules' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (E:\CMS\CE DNN Dev Site\web.config line 115)

Source Error: 

Line 113:    <httpModules>
    Line 114:      <!-- add name="Authentication" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.AuthenticationModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules.Authentication" / -->
    Line 115:      <add name="Compression" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.Compression.CompressionModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" /> 
    Line 116:      <add name="RequestFilter" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.RequestFilter.RequestFilterModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" />
    Line 117:      <add name="UrlRewrite" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewriteModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" />
    i'm using windows server 2008, IIS 7. .net framework v2.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

Please see this FAQ:
    Q. "Could not load file or assembly..." error regarding a third-party ASP.NET application not related to Zoom
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for your help.

However i now get this error:

Code:
      Exception information: 
          Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException 
          Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'ZoomASPX' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Config\web.config line 59)
      It says on the FAQs that "Enable 32 bit Applications" needs to be set to true for the app pool however when i set this to true and navigate to the page i get "HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable." and the app pool gets stopped automatically... any ideas?

thanks

Matt

Comment

For others following the thread, this is the FAQ for that last error:
        Q. "Could not load file or assembly 'ZoomASPX' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

Please also verify the other instructions given (regarding .NET version selected, and the other installation steps - "Convert to application" etc. in the Users Guide)

I presume you are actually on a 64-bit server? i.e. you are running a 64-bit OS on a 64-bit machine.

The ZoomASPX server control is a 32-bit DLL. There is little functional need for a 64-bit DLL (32-bit software runs on 64-bit machines, you only need 64-bit software when you need to access more than 4GB of RAM).

Having said that, we do plan to release a 64-bit DLL and we have a beta available (contact us if necessary).

But first, can you confirm that the HTTP 503 error occurs when accessing the search.aspx page directly (and not another page in the application pool). If so, please see this article, as your server may not be configured for 32-bit worker processes:
        http://blogs.msdn.com/b/carloc/archi...tion-pool.aspx

If you still have trouble, contact us via e-mail and we can make available a beta 64-bit Server Control.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help, it's working now!

We are using a 64 bit server but when enabling 32 bit applications in the app pool we were getting an error.

Using the event viewer and looking in the application log i was able to find out the error was coming the machine.config file for .net framework.
          The problem was that a comment had been added that was not ended correctly i.e. it had "--->" instead of "-->" so by correcting this it now works!

Thanks

Matt

Comment

Glad you worked it out, and thank you for updating the thread with the cause. It can always come in handy should someone else get in a similar situation.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X