windows 7 power user question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 7 power user question

Hi just purchased zoom and was trying to schedule a daily index of my site. I read the manual about how win vista and win 7 had a power administrator and have used the method suggested there(right click/run as admin).

My question is this: it seems unless I leave the Zoom interface open, it still wont auto start at my scheduled time. Is this correct? and if so is ther a way to have zoom start without having to leave the control panel open all the time?

I know I can go in windows control panel and turn off UAC, would this help?

Thanks for any help!

You only need to "run as admin" to setup the scheduling itself. You do not need the application to run as admin when it is being launched as a scheduled job.

If you are having trouble with the scheduled task not starting, please see the Troubleshooting section on the support page:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/scheduling.html

Note that if you have scheduled the task for a user account besides the one that is logged in, you will not see the GUI window appear when it starts. Configure the Index Log file to be saved to disk and check the Windows Scheduled Task status to see what happened at launch.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X