Not able to find filename string in meta description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to find filename string in meta description

I'm evaluating zoom search and have downloaded the free copy. One of the things we want to do is allow people to enter the file name in the search box, and for zoom to find that file. The file name is a unique number.

I've set the meta tag to include this information, but zoom isn't displaying it.
    It is set to index the meta description.

I've tried using both
    <meta name="ZOOMDESCRIPTION" content="Displaying the load files, 25808"/>
    and
    <meta name="Description" content="Displaying the load files, 25808"/>

and in neither case does Zoom find "25808"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Rachel

Created a custom field and it works

I don't know why it works now, but I created a custom "helppage" tag and it all works beautifully. Changed ZOOMDESCRIPTION back to Description and it finds it in that too.

And it's very nice being able to display the tag in its own little section of the search results.

But I wish I understood why it didn't do it to start with

Rachel

Comment

Maybe you were working off an old set of index files (before you added the meta data).

Or maybe you were indexing old cached copies of the files. You can turn off caching from the "Spider options" configuration window.

Or maybe you weren't indexing meta data. There is a check box for this on the indexing options configuration window.

Comment

Another possibility is if your meta tag was previously outside the <head>...</head> section. Then it won't be picked up because the HTML standards require it to be within.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X