Noobie needs pro help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobie needs pro help !

Hello guys !! My programming knowledge is very low ,that's why i need your help!

I have install and setup the script inside my site and its working fine!!Tutorials and the setup wizard was very helpfull!

My promblem is at the customization of the results!!!

Results give a linkable title which lead to my txt file which contain my data for search!

I want to put a link (href) to the linkable title and lead it where i want to and not where the data comes from!!
    i tried to add a (href) link below at the script but too many errors!

// Display the results
    while ($arrayline < $matches && $arrayline < $result_limit)
    {
    $ipage = $output[$arrayline][0];
    $score = $output[$arrayline][1];

$pgdata = GetPageData($ipage);
    $url = $pgdata[$PAGEDATA_URL];
    $title = $pgdata[$PAGEDATA_TITLE];
    $description = $pgdata[$PAGEDATA_DESC];

$urlLink = $url;

plz if you have any questions or you need more info ,you are more than wellcome to ask!
    i hope my bad english wont discourage you!
    Thank you for any replies in advance!!

Originally posted by panagos View Post
    Results give a linkable title which lead to my txt file which contain my data for search!

I want to put a link (href) to the linkable title and lead it where i want to and not where the data comes from!!
    First natural question is - why? I mean, if this is an attempt to workaround some other issue, perhaps there's a solution to the first issue that we can address better.

Having said that, you can actually rewrite the search result URLs if there is some distinct pattern to do so. You can find this option under "Configure"->"Indexing options"->"Rewrite all indexed URLs as follows".

This allows you to say, replace all instances of ".txt" to ".html" or any other find/replace in the URL you'd want. Click on the "Help" button on that configuration window for more information.

Originally posted by panagos View Post
    i tried to add a (href) link below at the script but too many errors!
    I would not recommend modifying the PHP code if you are not familiar with PHP scripting. While you are free to do so (and why we leave our code readable), we do not provide support for modified source code (otherwise we spend all our time debugging people's code rather than our own).

Also - any bug releases we make, you will then need to port your changes over to new versions of the script. If you do not understand what you are doing, you will not be able to port your changes over.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ty for the fast reply!

I will try your advice and check configure and indexing option and avoid "messing up" with row php coding!

Comment

Working...
      X