Slow indexing; error messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow indexing; error messages

I have Professional. Indexing has suddenly become very slow: 500 pages/hour of a 4500 page, less than 1GB site. It was a lot faster in prior days, all pages getting indexed within a couple hours.

The search results, based upon the last full indexing, are fine. However, the following messages appear on the search results page.

Warning: fopen(./logs/searchwords.log) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c07/h03/mnt/104480/domains/nonduality.com/html/search/search.php on line 3161

Unable to write to log file (./logs/searchwords.log). Check that you have specified the correct log filename in your Indexer settings and that you have the required file permissions set.

Any assistance appreciated. Thank you.

Jerry

I think there are 2 separate issues.

The slow indexing and an unrelated issue of not being able to open the search word log file.

For the log file see this FAQ about how to setup logging and the file permissions.

For the slow indexing, where there any errors or warnings in the indexer's log?
    Did you check the obvious. i.e. maybe your network connection or your web server was just slow on that day.

Comment

Great advice. Both issues have resolved. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X