performance problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performance problem

Now i have a large amount of index 6000 files, and my zoomindex is about 40mb, so my research is about 60s yes 1 minute...

Of course my machine is real poor is a Qnap Nas with linux OS and CPU Marvell 6282 1.6GHz 512MB DDRII RAM you banchmark in intel i7... hehehe

Yes the first solution is to change the hardware but i whant to try the cgi mode, because this solution is really portable for me and have other positive things

Now i use php and i try to use CGI, have you experience to use this system?! and the cgi is compatible with this CPU!? before i try to use them!?

there is other system to fast the searching thath can i Try!?
    I also try to categorized them in 3 parts, thinking abou the indexer search in 1/3 of the file, but the speed is the same...

And i have alse a problem in this mode with categorizez and "exact phrase" that seem not working with an answer of "Your search query contained too many common words to return the entire set of results available....."

bye good work

The Marvell CPUs are a massively under powered CPUs. On the benchmarks I could find they gave similar performance to a Pentium III at 0.8Ghz.

To be honest I am surprised it runs PHP at all.

But you should get at least a 5 to 10 folder speed improvement if you can switch to the CGI.

But I don't like the chances of getting the CGI to run on the Marvell 6282. You might need to get the SDK and re-compile the code (and the debug it as required) for this CPU. Does the Marvell 6282 have machine code instruction level compatibility with x86?

For the message, "Your search query contained too many common words...", you can remove this by adjusting the optimisation slider in the limits configuration window in Zoom. Adjust it towards slow search.

Comment

Working...
    X