Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Search Engine

Hi,
    I'm currently developping a website quite like http://www.needocs.com/ and i'm not really satisfied with the Zend Lucene search engine. It takes between 4 and 5 seconds for each request. So my question is, for websites handling thousands of content, with a specific way of presenting serach results, are there any chance that i can get near to 1 sec for each request? Is Zoom able to deliver such a result? Is it difficult to implement it on a website developped with python?

Many thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english.

Regards

If you look at our benchmarks then you'll see you should be able to search 100,000+ documents in 0.25 seconds. But this depends of course on your hardware, how much load there is already on your server and the configuration you pick in Zoom.

It doesn't really matter what scripting language was used to develop the site in.

However getting the output to look the same as you have now will be trickier. You have a grid output, categories, thumbs, author links, sometimes with pricing and with a view count & pop up preview. Getting all this looking and working the similar to what you have now would involve some effort.

I would suggest checking your existing hardware is up to the job of returning 1 second results before spending any time on the software.

Comment

Working...
    X