Obnoxious Popup Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obnoxious Popup Warnings

We installed the plugins to support PDF, Word, and Excel docs, and it works just fine except for the fact that I get repeated pop-up warnings about hte Word plugin (wordt2t.exe) that say: "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?"

Of course you can uncheck the little box that says "Always ask before opening this file" but no matter how many times I uncheck that box, the pop-up comes back, sometimes about 40 times in a row. I just sit there and click "Run" over and over until it indexes everything.

Anybody know how to get that to stop? Thanks.

First, I presume you mean "word2txt.exe" and not "wordt2t.exe". The latter is not any piece of software we are familiar with.

Second, this warning might occur if you manually downloaded the individual ZIP file and copied the executable into the plugins folder. But it should not happen if you download and install the "Complete plugins installer package" provided at the top of this page.

Some of these plugins are created by third parties and we don't have any control for their code signing (which is what verifies the publisher). We can't sign it for them. So that's normal behaviour but again you won't see it if you used the installer package.

Unchecking the "Always ask before opening this file" option however, should make sure it doesn't come back. But that's a Windows quirk, and there are various issues with that if you search online. For example, I think it behaves differently if you unzipped the file over a network. Or copied the ZIP from over the local network, or moved it between computers.

Either way, the installer package will avoid all this.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X