Home » Forum
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatically link to Search Result if only one Result Found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatically link to Search Result if only one Result Found

Is there a way to have the search engine automatically follow the link to the search result if only one result is found?

I would find this incredibly useful.

Thank-you for your input!

There is no built in feature for this.
    You would need to write some custom code to support it.

I also don't think it would be as useful as expected. People typically expect Google like behaviour when doing a search. Doing a search and not ending up with a list of search results might confuse people.

Comment

I personally also think that it's more confusing than helpful. There are very few sites that do this, and when they do, I would often wonder if (a) I clicked on the wrong button or link (and got taken to a page instead of successfully hitting the search button), or (b) if the search feature is broken and will always takes me to the same page, and so I would go back and resubmit the search and try a few things before determining and trusting that the search engine really is taking me to an appropriate page.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Point taken .. thank-you for your input

Comment

Working...
        X