asp.net page empty search lists whole pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asp.net page empty search lists whole pages

I am using asp.net option, I placed asp.net search component to my page. By chance I noticed when I click on search even the search box is empty it gives whole page list with whole searched pages. It does not say no results found.

Can you post the URL for the search function so that we can have a look at it.

Comment

empty search box lists whole pages.

Can I email this link ? if you give mi email address for this site is in evelopment phase
      Last edited by farukoztas; Feb-15-2011, 06:56 AM.

Comment

This is the normal behaviour when Custom Meta Fields are used. Because even when you have a blank query, you will have a selection for the custom meta field to search with.

The Categories feature differs in this behaviour.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Do you have any reference with meta fields and they use asp.net, I would like to visit the site.

Comment

We don't keep a database of users sites. I hope my previous response has answered your original question however.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

so when we have a blank search box, is it going to give the list of whole searched files ? Is it normal ? when we use meta fields !

Comment

As an example. If you had a real estate website, you might want to be able to search for all houses with 4 bedrooms (as a meta field) without including any search word.

So in this case you'll get all results that match the meta field (4 bedroom houses), and this is desired behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by farukoztas View Post
                  so when we have a blank search box, is it going to give the list of whole searched files ? Is it normal ? when we use meta fields !
                  I answered this in the fourth post on this thread, just look up a bit.
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Problem solved

Instead of meta search I used category. Then blank search box does not give any blank results. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X