PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other way to upload files to the internet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other way to upload files to the internet!

Hi,
    I don't know why? When I try to upload files to the internet, it said FTP connection failed, unspecific server. But my website is working fine.

I just want to know if there are any other ways that I can upload my files to the internet?
    Kind regards,
    Tsui Jenkin
    President of Hinsmart (hinsmart.com)

Your FTP details are not necessarily the same as your website's domain name. You should check with your web hosting company what your FTP details are.

Judging from the error message, you have entered an incorrect server domain or IP address.

FTP is the most common way to upload files to your web site. I don't know of any web hosting company that do not provide FTP access.

How are you uploading other files (images, web pages) to your server at the moment?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I use FTP too. I was sure that my FTP was right, because it looks like this,

Domain: ftp.hinsmart.com
      Username: search@hinsmart.com
      and Password.

Furthermore, I am the hosting company, of which we host our own website. Thank you anyway!
      Kind regards,
      Tsui Jenkin
      President of Hinsmart (hinsmart.com)

Comment

I am the hosting company
        No offence, but if you are running a hosting business you should be able to get FTP to work.

You should also check the FTP PASV mode setting in Zoom. Some servers require PASV mode.

If you own the server, and it is a Windows server then you could run Zoom directly on the server and avoid the upload.

Comment

Working...
        X