PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Error in '/zoomaspx' Application.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Error in '/zoomaspx' Application.

Very strange, I get this error and eventually the 503 error when IIS stops running but only when I search for the word "mitchiner." I know this is strange and I'm sure other words will cause the error, but I have tried random strings and have not been able to replicate the error. Thanks, Cory

Server Error in '/zoomaspx' Application.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.]
    free(Void* ) +0
    zoomSearch.cleanup(zoomSearch* ) +1110
    zoomSearch.search(zoomSearch* , zoomSearchSetup* zsSetup) +48747
    ZoomASPX.ASPXSearch.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +2324
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) +134
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWrite r writer) +19
    System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTe xtWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1266

First thing to do is make sure you are using both the latest indexer and the latest ASP.NET Server Control.

The latest indexer can be found here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

The latest ASP.NET Server Control is here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/aspdotnet.html

Note that you need to uninstall the existing control on the server and install the latest if you are using an older build.

You will also need to reindex (using the latest indexer) and reupload (or copy) your index files to the server.

You should also make sure to upload or copy all the required files listed at the end of indexing. If you are uploading files, use the built-in FTP feature or make sure your FTP client is uploading in BINARY mode (not text) mode.

If you still have trouble let us know.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X