PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoom V6 on Windows 7 virtual machine (Fusion 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom V6 on Windows 7 virtual machine (Fusion 3)

Hello.

I started using Zoom Search 4 a few years ago, and have been pleased with it. Now I'm trying to use V6, but on a Fusion 3 virtual machine running Windows 7 64-bit. The application works great, and indexes exactly as I want it to. However, when I copy the files over to the web server (using the OS X file explorer), the search engine does not work. When I input a search parameter and submit the form, the search result page comes back blank, save for the HTML/CSS served up until the <!Zoomsearch> tag. No errors. Just blank.

Using simple debugging, I have found that the code breaks right after the start of the "read dictionary" function in the search.php file. Line 1500 or so.

Any ideas? Could this have to do with bringing the files over from the VM to OS X? Without an error to go by, troubleshooting is difficult.

Thank you

Sorry, meant "open dictionary file" - line 1563 of my search.php page

// Open dictionary file
    $fp_dict = fopen($DICTIONARYFILE, "rb");
    $i = 0;
    while (!feof($fp_dict))
    {

This is approx. where the code breaks, and leaves me hanging.

Comment

http://www.soils.wisc.edu/extension/search.php

Comment

Looks a bit like this server side configuration problem, where Apache kills the script before it finishes.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I ran the script and it counted to 150,000 before quitting.

I'll ask my system admin for higher limits.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X