Error writing to log file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error writing to log file

I'm using Zoom for a training intranet for a customer service call center. I've integrated the search function and it works great, but I'm trying to get the statistical reporting to work and I get the following error on the results page every time I do a search...

"Unable to write to log file (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\training\searchlog.log). Check that you have specified the correct log filename in your Indexer settings and that you have the required file permissions set".

We have over 100 customer service reps. I can't imagine that all of them need write access to the folder on the server. Can someone please help me in getting this configured the correct way so that we can access statistical information on what our reps are searching (most popular keywords, most frequently used job aids/URLs, etc)?

I talked my boss into getting Zoom because it had all the features we needed including reporting. As a trainer, it's important that we are able to use the reports to determine needs for training. Help!

To start with see this FAQ,
    Q. How do I enable search word logging?

How to set file / folder permissions depends on what operating system you are using on the web server, what single user account is running the web server, and how you have the server configured. In short, you need to check that you have allowed write access for the folder that you want to contain the log (thus it often helps to put the log in its own subfolder).

Comment

Working...
    X