Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta Tag Searching

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could help me. I want people to be able to search my site by a entering a service they want, then the town and then the county. The problem I'm running into is that each of the pages I want to index needs to belong to several counties, town and services. I have tried to use meta tags to achieve this, using the "search for" box to search for services, a meta tag town which is a text box and a drop down list box for the counties.
    This really doesn't seem to work so I guess I'm asking, if the meta tag is not a multi select tag will zoom find more than one tag placed within the page to be indexed? I hope that makes sense. Also if this is the wrong way to go about searching my site like this I would be grateful for any help. The main problem I was running into was that a search for plumbers in Coventry returned all services in Coventry. I am trying to avoid entering all the towns in the UK as the list of counties is long enough!!

Any help greatly appreciated, been trying the make this work for weeks

Do you have full control over all the pages you are indexing, or are some (all) of the pages on 3rd party external web sites?

You should be able to use the Custom Meta tag feature to create two additional search fields for your search form. See,
    Q. How to create a multi-criteria search function with custom meta fields

Maybe you are already doing this. Can you post the URL for your site so we can see how far you got.

Comment

Working...
    X