Twin Search Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Search Function

Is it possible to operate two instances of Zoom CGI to search different page sets of the same Web site?

Only I've got public pages, from which I can exclude via the Configure/Skip options the password-protected member pages. But then I want the reverse - enabling members to search only the pages available to them in the PP section.

If not, I guess I could use the CGI/HTML scripts for the public pages and the JS scripts/HTML for member pages. Any other ideas? Many thanks.

Is it possible to operate two instances of Zoom CGI to search different page sets of the same Web site?
    Yes. You'll need 2 sets of index files in different sub-folders on your server.

You'll also probably want to create 2 Zoom configuration files with different indexing setups and different upload folders.

Comment

Er yes. The good news is that it can be done. But (doubless my fault) I can't fathom your explanation.

I shall be grateful (as might other forum members) if you could spell out precisely how that can be achieved in terms of setting up/distinguishing between/code tweaking the two (presumably) CGI/HTML file sets and the directory structure required. That would be most helpful.

Comment

Which bit aren't you sure about. How to create a folder on your server, or how to make a Zoom configuration file?

Creating a new folder should be common knowledge for anyone doing web design. You can do this via most FTP programs, remote desktop, Windows explorer or Telnet, depending on how you normally access your site and the operating system you are running. The folders can be named whatever you want. You are allowed to have sub-folders in the CGI-BIN folder, if that is why you are confused?

To create a new Zoom configuration file, you set all the configuration setting you want or need, then save a configuration file from the "File / Save configuration As" menu in Zoom. You can have a many configuration files as you need.

Comment

Working...
        X