Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom search duplicating identical pages

Hi,

I've run an index of Microsoft's SharePoint help site (we're indexing it and our own content to provide users ability to search MS content as well as our own).

After indexing the Microsoft site, and then doing a search, in the results I am seeing a duplicate of every result. The pages appear to be the same, with the only difference being that one of the URLs ends in CTT=3. I'm not sure how I would filter out CTT=3 pages since they are ASPX.

In my config for Zoom search, I am using spider mode for the following:

Start spider from:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/

Platform: ASP

Indexing extension: .aspx

CRC is turned ON.

I think that is all the information you need from the config, but let me know if you need more.

When I go to do the search, my results look like this:

1. Copy or move a list by using a list template - SharePoint Server - Microsoft Office
    You might need to copy or move a list and its data from one site to another for any number of reasons. For example, you can copy a list without th...

2. Copy or move a list by using a list template - SharePoint Server - Microsoft Office
    You might need to copy or move a list and its data from one site to another for any number of reasons. For example, you can copy a list without th...

3. Create or delete a list - SharePoint Server - Microsoft Office
    With SharePoint 2010 you can create lists while editing pages , as well as from the Site Actions menu. You can create lists by using list template...

4. Create or delete a list - SharePoint Server - Microsoft Office
    With SharePoint 2010 you can create lists while editing pages , as well as from the Site Actions menu. You can create lists by using list template...

5. Add, edit, or delete list items - SharePoint Server - Microsoft Office
    A site can include a variety of lists — from contacts and calendars to announcements and issues-tracking. Regardless of the type of list you are u...

6. Add, edit, or delete list items - SharePoint Server - Microsoft Office
    A site can include a variety of lists — from contacts and calendars to announcements and issues-tracking. Regardless of the type of list you are u...

And on and on for 127 pages...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, they are not real duplicate results as the URLs are different in each case.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/copy-or-move-a-list-by-using-a-list-template-HA101782479.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/copy-or-move-a-list-by-using-a-list-template-HA101782479.aspx?CTT=3

To filter all of these extra pages add this to the page and folder skip list,
    ?CTT=3

Comment

Working...
    X