External Style Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Style Sheet

I am trying to create the search box on the top of my page, sort of like you have here on this site. I am creating a master template on which I will build all my other pages. I have a main stylesheet that it's linked to and I would like to put the search template styles into a separate style sheet of it's own. I have done that but it seem no matter what changes I make to the style sheet it is not doing anything at all to the search box.

I have the stylebox coded like this from the guide you provided.

Code:
    <form method="GET" action="search.php">
      <div align="right">
      <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20">
      <input type="submit" value="Search">
      </div>
    </form>
    At the head of my master template I am linking to the stylesheet I created called search.css and it is like this

Code:
    <link href="../css/search.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" />
    Still I can't get the style to change. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong here? I did look at the page http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html about changing the template so I know I am trying to change the correct class name, which is called input.zoom_button.

Is it because I am using the form code to get to the template? And if that's the reason how do I make it work?

Thanks!

This is really a HTML/CSS issue, and it's hard for us to say without seeing the pages and paths in question. If you can give us URLs to the pages we can take a quick look.

I would first suspect that its a path issue. For example, linking to "../css/search.css" means its always expecting the CSS file to be in a CSS folder one folder up from the current folder. So when this tag is in a file in a different folder/level, then it won't work.

Other possibilities are conflicts with CSS defined elsewhere on the HTML page.

Another possibility is simply that your browser is caching the HTML and CSS of the page and so it's not picking up any immediate changes. You can force a reload via CTRL+F5 but this can vary in effect depending on whether you are going through a proxy.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X