X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with dynamic content

My website uses java to slide the content in and out using function
    <a href="javascript:showPage('_search.php', '');" id="search"> Search </a>
    i have tried to get the search bar working using virtual header and footer which does work. all links don't work as site requires the above function for content.
    so could all the results be appended with the required function to make the links work. and could this function be used rather than having to use virtual header and footer

My website uses java...
    I think you are confusing Java and Javascript.

using virtual header and footer which does work
    Not exact sure what you mean by this, but if it works for you that's good.

...all links don't work
    Can you give more details of what "Don't work" means. Is there an error? What links are you talking about?

so could all the results be appended with the required function
    Don't really understand this question. Appended to what? What function?

It might be better if you could provide more details and an example URL where we can see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      I think you are confusing Java and Javascript.
      Yes i did mean Java Script

ok to explain a bit better my web site is based upon 1 HTML file with 3 sections to the <body> the header which has the menu and flash image footer with banners rotating under a script and in the middle content
      on clicking the menu it calls the following
      <a href="javascript:showPage('_search.php', '');" id="search"> as an example for the search icon this would then dynamical load the contents for this file into the main html file or to call the page directly you could use the url.. www.site.com/index1.htm?page=_search.php so on doing a search for say video and as it has index the pages of the content the links are similar to www.site.com/_video2.php which has lost all its formatting.
      so using a new window for search results seems to cope with the way my website is put together.
      Question is can i have the results rewritten with index.htm?page= inserted between www.site.com and the page so the link on the result would be www.site.com/index.htm?page=_video.php rather than www.site.com/_video.htm which has lost all the formatting and scripting

Comment

It's hard to understand your message (I presume English is not your first language).

But if you're saying what I think you're saying, take a look at the "Rewrite links" feature under "Configure"->"Indexing options". Click "Help" for some examples and an explanation.

You can configure Zoom to replace all instances of
        www.site.com/

With:
        www.site.com/index.htm?page=
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X