Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Find Image Files Plugin

Hello,

I purchased this software a few days ago. I am not very technical, so please bear with me.

I am trying to have .jpg images show along side my search results. I made it up to the part where the Indexer is installed, and have indexed my pages. The files have been installed on my computer, where they should be.

I downloaded the Image Files plugin software from the Wrensoftware website, but they are not in my Plugin file, and don't know where else to look.

If anyone can help, that would be great.

Thanks,

See this FAQ,
    Q. How do I associate images with my search results?

If you only want to have images associated with your results then you don't need the image plugin.

The image plugin is only for when you want to index and search for image files.

Comment

I guess I don't understand the difference. I run an ecommerce site; so when someone does a search for say, "xyz widget" I would like for all the "xyz widgets" to be displayed.
      Thanks,

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      See this FAQ,
      Q. How do I associate images with my search results?

If you only want to have images associated with your results then you don't need the image plugin.

The image plugin is only for when you want to index and search for image files.

Comment

On an ecommerce site, you would typically have a web page for each product. When a user searches for an item, you would want that product page to appear.

So in these cases, you really just want to associate a thumbnail image with said product page, so that when it appears in the search result, you will also see the thumbnail alongside it.

So the FAQ linked above is all you need. You just need to add a tag on your page which points to the image you want to associate with it.

The image plugin is used to index the actual image files, and search the meta data stored INSIDE the image files (that might have been inserted by a digital camera, Photoshop, etc.)

Hope that clears things up.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X