No announcement yet.

V7 beta release available for testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if it is too late to ask for new features in V7 but I was playing with Alpha 13 and in the Synonyms section I could not add phrases. It would be nice for me to be able to use phrases, I run a website for gaming and Some game names are commonily abbriviated and I would like to add synonyms for those abbriviations.

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      Zoom V7 development update

Upgrades
      If you purchase V6 at any time 6 months before the V7 release, then the upgrade to V7 will be free. Otherwise it will be a discounted upgrade.

Keys
      Currently V6 keys will work in the V7 Alpha release. But the Alpha 1 release will expire on 1/Nov/2011. At which time you'll need to come back and get the updated beta release. For the final V7 build, new keys will be required.
      Hello.
      I wanted to check something before purchase, I know this question has been asked before, and the reply was...."see my earlier post".. but I wanted to check..

the reason I ask is if I purchase version 6 now and V7 takes 7 months to be available will I need to pay for the upgrade?

Many thanks
      Carl

Comment

Carl - If you buy V6 now, you will very likely be eligible for a free upgrade to V7 (being within the 6 month period).

If you don't make the automatic upgrade period for whatever reason, but we have promised this to you in the forums or in emails, then just write to us quoting our message and we will issue you a free upgrade personally.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi

We are currently using Zoom 6 and we are wondering if V7 will solve a problem that we have. We want to search multiple sites using a single index, and we can do this with Zoom 6. However, when we use the combined index to search on website A, we want search results within website A to open in the current window but search results in website B to open in a new window. Will this be possible with V7?

Regards, Stewart

Comment

Stewart,
            No, this isn't a planned feature in V7.
            Behaviour will be the same as V6. Either all links from all sites open in a new window, or none do.

Comment

can you please elaborate about the development update?

Comment

any release date for V7?

Ray did mention it will be release in the second quarter of 2013...

Comment

The first V7 beta release is now available:
                  http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/v7.html

Please note that this is the first release using the new overhauled engine framework (which has allowed us to compile the indexer on Linux and Mac OSX). This was an extensive task and required re-structuring and re-writing most elements of the indexer. Because of this, we do expect there to be some functional bugs and preliminary issues that we hope to iron out in the beta testing stage.

Please let us know if you come across any trouble with the beta build. It would also be good to know if it's working fine for you.

And yes, the V7 indexer will ultimately be available to run on Linux web servers directly (via a PHP interface), alongside the much-anticipated Mac version -- these will open up a host of possibilities (such as remote administration, hosted indexing, etc.) and hopefully prove to be one of the most flexible search solutions on the market.
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

My experience:
                    I´ve try v7 with same config file of v6 and the new version not index the folders need password authentication.

Comment

Are you using Offline Mode or Spider Mode? Is this Windows file system authentication, or is it HTTP authentication, or is it cookies/session based authentication? What are you settings under "Configure"->"Authentication"?

Can you send your .zcfg configuration file to us via email?
                      --Ray
                      Wrensoft Web Software
                      Sydney, Australia
                      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

A short question to V7 beta:
                        I wanted to check indexing emails (.msg files stored on my local drive). It is not working - .msg files are skipped with the text in log "PST reader component not installed. Please reinstall".
                        I can't find the V7 PST reader plugin. From where can I download it?

Comment

Originally posted by BGA View Post
                          A short question to V7 beta:
                          I wanted to check indexing emails (.msg files stored on my local drive). It is not working - .msg files are skipped with the text in log "PST reader component not installed. Please reinstall".
                          I can't find the V7 PST reader plugin. From where can I download it?
                          We've confirmed this problem. In the log there also should be messages about attempting to register the PST components.

You can fix this by launching Zoom with elevated administrator privileges. That is, right click on the Zoom Indexer icon and select "Run as administrator...".

When you index, it should now attempt registration and succeed. Let us know if you still have trouble.

We'll fix it in the next build so that it's more seamless.
                          --Ray
                          Wrensoft Web Software
                          Sydney, Australia
                          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Preview of the Linux indexer

I know some users have been keen on a progress report, so here's a preview screenshot of the upcoming V7 Linux indexer. This will allow you to index your site from a Linux desktop, or the Linux web server itself.

It has a PHP interface which will be accessible from your web browser, and the engine itself will be a compiled binary exectuable (coded in C/C++, for anyone curious, using the shared engine code from the Win32 version).

--Ray
                            Wrensoft Web Software
                            Sydney, Australia
                            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Preview of the Mac OSX indexer

Here's a sneak preview of the (work in progress) Mac OSX indexer:

--Ray
                              Wrensoft Web Software
                              Sydney, Australia
                              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi,

Wow This is Awesome!
                                There is any chance to test Linux interface before its come up?

regards, isd

Comment

Working...
                                X