Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue setting up Zoom Indexing for my company's Intranet

Hi all,

I am attempting to set up Zoom Indexing on my company's Intranet. I believe I'm entering all of the info needed to perform the indexing. However, when I start the index, it only indexes three pages. The site consists of about 33 folders, 69 html/ASP pages and numerous files within the folders.

What am I doing wrong? As a side note, our web server uses a login for our franchises to access the site. Can this be the reason I'm unable to index the entire /Extranet folder?

Btw, we are using Professional and the server is an ASP server. Lastly, I have dl'd the extention to allow for the indexing of .pdf, .doc, .docx, etc... files.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric
    Last edited by macewin; Jul-10-2012, 08:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some details

Are you indexing in Spider mode or offline mode?
    Did you check the log for errors?
    If you are indexing in Spider mode then do you have HTML links to all the documents / pages?

See also these FAQ.
    Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?
    Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?
    Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      Are you indexing in Spider mode or offline mode?
      Did you check the log for errors?
      If you are indexing in Spider mode then do you have HTML links to all the documents / pages?

See also these FAQ.
      Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?
      Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?
      Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site
      I am indexing in "Spider Mode". I checked the log for errors, but didn't see any. I'm not exactly sure if I understand when you ask "If you are indexing in Spider mode then do you have HTML links to all the documents / pages?" Where would I find that option in Zoom.

I already have the template pages set up so I only need the indexing to work. Is there someone I can possibly call to discuss the settings in Zoom?

Thanks!

Eric

Comment

The HTML links I am referring to are on your web site not in our software. If you don't have links between your web pages, then you don't really have a web site. At least not a traditional type of web site in any case.

Our phone number and contact details are here,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/contactus.html

Comment

Working...
        X