Can I skip repetitive phrases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I skip repetitive phrases?

I'm using Version 6.0 Professional. I can't find out whether it is possible to skip phrases repeated numerous times over a 5000 page site. I'm aware of how to skip individual words and how to use ZOOMSTART AND ZOOMRESTART to skip blocks of text, but there are literally thousands of uses of the same few phrases and I would like to skip them during indexing, if possible. Thank you.

There is no way to skip a phrases in an automated fashion.

Only method I can suggest is to treat it as a block of text, which it is after all, and skip the block. But this means you need to manually identify which blocks you don't want on each page. I am guessing this is not a realistic option based on your post.

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      There is no way to skip a phrases in an automated fashion.

Only method I can suggest is to treat it as a block of text, which it is after all, and skip the block. But this means you need to manually identify which blocks you don't want on each page. I am guessing this is not a realistic option based on your post.
      Thank you for the reply, I'll look into doing a find and replace for the blocks of text such that they would be skipped.

Comment

Working...
      X