Search Field goes away after search is entered no results or error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Field goes away after search is entered no results or error

Hello, I'm trying to add the zoom search to a .htm file that I created that is linked off our company intranet page.

I took the search.html code and added it into my .htm file. The search field is there, when I enter in a seach and hit enter, the search field goes away and does not show any results or errors.

All I want to be able to do is search for files and docs, pdf's. I understand that I have to buy the standard addition. For my test search I used .html for the keyword.

I did the (Create a search engine for an intranet) with (Offiline Mode)

I did try Spider mode for indexing, using my .htm as the (Start spider from this URL)

Platform as Java.

Any suggestions? I know you will have allot more questions, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by ltm View Post
    Platform as Java.
    We actually don't have a Java option. I assume you mean Javascript.

If this is for an Intranet then you might want to consider one of the other scripting options (e.g. PHP, CGI, etc..) as they will give much better performance.

I also assume the Javascript option was all working with the search.html file we provided? And it was only when you made you own search form that it didn't work.

This FAQ should help you make your own search form in your own HTML page,
    Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

Comment

Yes, sorry about that.. Javascript is the option, I was lazy and didn't type out the whole thing.

Yes, this is for an intranet. I will try to run it through the PHP and see what happens.

To be honest, I didn't try it until now and yes it does work. It found the file I added to my directory. So what I did was I moved the zoom_index.js, soom_pageinfo.js and the .zdat files to my main directory with the html file.

The only thing is I don't see where the association is between those files are. The zoom_index.js and pageinfo.js.?

Comment

All the "Required files" (that is, the files listed at the end of indexing in a window titled "Required files") are expected to be in the same directory.

You have to take a closer look at the default "search.html" that is generated to see what is different to yours, if you are trying to make your own version of the page. We would advise simply modifying the one that is generated instead of trying to make a new one from scratch.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Seems to work, I took the advice of using the generated search file.. But my index is too large and tells me I need to upgrade. We are having a meeting on Sept 9th on this.

Well Thanks guys, very cool search tool.

Comment

Working...
          X