Skipping two words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipping two words

My address with the word Haddington appears in all my pdf files and as Haddington is a prime target for a search,
    I do not want every pdf file appearing in the search results.

I tried adding "Crescent, Haddington" to the words to skip, but it didn't like the space.

Has anyone any suggestions?

I had another query, but found the answer by searching the forum.

Russell Darling

Each word you want to be excluded from the index must be on a new line on the word skip list.

To skip "Crescent, Haddington" you can enter each on it's own line. i.e.

Crescent
    Haddington

Comment

But I don't want to skip Haddington. I am trying to skip Haddington only when it is preceded by Crescent,

Comment

The normal solution for this issue on a HTML page is to use ZOOMSTOP tags,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support....html#zoomstop

But this won't work in a PDF.

Are these PDF files yours? Can you edit them?
        Maybe you could not include the address as text (but instead include in in the PDF as an image)?

Comment

The pdf files are mine and including the address as an image is a good idea.

Although there are 54 of them, I will give it a go on one for starters.

Thanks for your quick replies and I see I am promoted to a Junior Member now!

Comment

Being unable to look at using an image that night allowed me to think what I really needed.

I realised that my address was in fact irrelevant for the on-line pdfs, so I changed the postal address for an
            e-mail one - in text rather than an image.

So problem solved thanks to your lateral thinking!

I am very pleased with the Zoom Search Engine, having implemented it very quickly. If you are interested
            in my application if it you can see my web site at www.rages.org.uk

Comment

Working...
            X