Highlighting not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlighting not working

I have the highlight.js script in the same directory as the about.html page. When I run the search and select the about.html page containing the target word "Trade-ins" spaces are removed from the about page and the format is changed.

http://www.ajewelrystop.com/about.html?zoom_highlight=Trade-ins

After reading all the posts and your implementation of highlight it should work. I am a HTML 5 site.

I hope you can help me, I have spent many hours on this problem.

Jeff

I had a look at your site.

The script running on your site isn't the same as the script we provided. It has been modified in 10 locations. Lines 184 and 185 for example.

terms[i] = terms[i].replace(/\*/g, "[^\\s]*");

If you reload the original script we provide it should fix the problem.

My guess at what has happened for most of the changes is that you loaded the script into some (slightly deficient) text editor and when you re-saved it the editor stripped out characters it didn't like the look of, leaving the script subtlety corrupted.

Comment

Highlighting not working

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      I had a look at your site.

The script running on your site isn't the same as the script we provided. It has been modified in 10 locations. Lines 184 and 185 for example.

terms[i] = terms[i].replace(/\*/g, "[^\\s]*");

If you reload the original script we provide it should fix the problem.

My guess at what has happened for most of the changes is that you loaded the script into some (slightly deficient) text editor and when you re-saved it the editor stripped out characters it didn't like the look of, leaving the script subtlety corrupted.
      Yes that fixed the problem, thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X