System.BadImageFormatException -- 64 bit shared web hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System.BadImageFormatException -- 64 bit shared web hosting

I'm getting that same BadImage message I think someone else has gotten. I seem to only have access to the 32bit ZoomASPX.dll since I do development on an 32bit XP. The search works fine on that box and has worked on another shared hosting but fails on the new shared host. I have no option to install and .msi file that I know of? Is the problem running this 32 bit dll on a 64bit shared hosting cloud server?
    I have a control panel for iis on the cloud hosting. Why do I need to do something special with IIS in order to get the .dll recognized and where can I get the .dll since I don't have a 64bit box to install it on.
    - thanks
    --------------------------------------------------
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Could not load file or assembly 'ZoomASPX' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'ZoomASPX' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'ZoomASPX' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'ZoomASPX' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
    System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyN ame fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
    System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAsse mblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +210
    System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(Str ing assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) +242
    System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(Str ing assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +17
    System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35
    System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAs semblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +122

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'ZoomASPX' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
    System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAs semblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +12759734
    System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAl lAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +503
    System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_Assembly Internal() +142
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedA ssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +334
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartIn itMethods(String preStartInitListPath) +203
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppS tart() +152
    System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(A pplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +1151

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'ZoomASPX' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.]
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContex t context) +12880068
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(Http Context context) +159
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationP rivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12721257

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18033

Yes this is most likely because your server is not configured to run the 32-bit server control. Info on how to do this is here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_aspdotnet.html

You can download the 64-bit MSI from here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/aspdotnet.html

I have temporarily made available the 64-bit DLL here as well if you are unable to install the MSI
    http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/ZoomASPX_dll64.zip
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks very much - works like a charm... you people have always been great!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        Yes this is most likely because your server is not configured to run the 32-bit server control. Info on how to do this is here:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_aspdotnet.html

You can download the 64-bit MSI from here:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/aspdotnet.html

I have temporarily made available the 64-bit DLL here as well if you are unable to install the MSI
        http://www.wrensoft.com/ftp/ZoomASPX_dll64.zip
        I am trying to download the 64-bit DLL, as I am unable to install the MSI, but it is not working. Is there another way to get it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

When you say it isn't working, what exactly was the error? And what is your hardware & operating system setup?

Comment

Working...
          X