Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance and concurrent usage

Hi

I would like to know what would happen if I had 500GB of ZDAT files and search for a word. I have seen it very resource hungry? How long would it take to respond to my search?

If it had 2GB of data, the same question above.

In production environment, with as many users accessing the search engine at the same time, how is the search engine throughput?

Answer depends a lot on your hardware, the search queries, the documents indexed and how much load is already on the machine.

This page might help with some of the answers,
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...rge_sites.html

As noted on the page, for a 5GB index (about 3 million pages) the search time was 6 seconds on slow 32bit hardware. With current day consumer hardware I would expect this 6 seconds to come down to maybe 2 sec. With high end hardware I would expect it to be maybe 1 sec. In this case you could expect at least 60 searches per minute. Maybe significantly more with a multi-core CPUs and enough RAM for disk caching to take effect.

Assuming your 500GB wasn't a typo, you might want to look at the FastCGI option, also mentioned on the page above. Depending on the scenario it can give up to 100x speed improvement, at the expense of using a lot more RAM and a lot more complicated setup.

Comment

Working...
    X