Search page doesn't seem to do anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search page doesn't seem to do anything

I've created a simple website for internal use on my server (with WAMP) and am attempting to get the Free version of Zoom to work to find out if I want to spring for one of the premium versions.

I've installed the program, set the appropriate settings to browse my local internet folder and output in the same location before I copy all files to the actual web folder for the site on the server.

When completed, I go to the search page (http://localhost/search.php), enter a word into the text box that I know exists on the index.php page ("Joe"), then click Search. It does nothing except clear the text box and change the URL to the following: "http://localhost/search.php?zoom_query=Joe&zoom_per_page=10&zoom_an d=0".

When I ran the index, it found over 200 unique words and one .php file.

Any advice would be appreciated as I imagine I'm overlooking something simple.

Does it say "no results found" on the results page. Or is the results page totally blank white page?

I am assuming that the PHP script did in fact execute and but the word wasn't found?

One of the output files that should be in same folder as the search.php script is zoom_dictionary.zdat.

Can you open the zoom_dictionary.zdat file with Notepad and see if the word "Joe" is in the file?

Did you create the index in offline mode or spider mode?

Comment

In addition to the above, also check if your search_template.html file contains a <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> tag as needed.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
        Does it say "no results found" on the results page. Or is the results page totally blank white page?

I am assuming that the PHP script did in fact execute and but the word wasn't found?

One of the output files that should be in same folder as the search.php script is zoom_dictionary.zdat.

Can you open the zoom_dictionary.zdat file with Notepad and see if the word "Joe" is in the file?

Did you create the index in offline mode or spider mode?
        wrensoft, there is no results page. Nothing happens, it just stays on the same page, changes the URL, and empties the text field box. There is no "Joe" found in the zoom_dictionary.zdat file. I have tried both offline mode and spider mode.

Ray, there is no <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> found in search_template.html file.

Comment

So can you revert to the default search_template.html that we supply.

Also check the dictionary file as suggested above.

Comment

Working...
          X