Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line displayed erroneously

Hi there,

We've been using Zoom search engine for a couple of yrs without any major issues. Our hosting provider recently migrated our entire site to a newer version and now all of a sudden there is a line of text next to the search box that reads "Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8".

You can see an example search here: http://www.infomed.ch/infomed_search.php?zoom_query=aspirin

What do we need to do to remove this line? Can we comment it out somehow?

Rgds
    ph

The script you are using, 'infomed_search.php', isn't our script.

I guess it is your script wrapped around our script. So it is a bit hard to see exactly what needs to be changed without having access to your script.

Do you see this text when you run our script directly without the wrapping?

Comment

Hi there,

the zoom script is simply included as follows inside our page:

<?php
      $QSTRING = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
      virtual("/cgi-bin/search.cgi".'?'.$QSTRING);
      ?>

Other than that, we just have the zoom css included in the header of the page.

Our own php page is essentially an html file with a few includes.

ph

Comment

When I run our script directly,
        http://www.infomed.ch/cgi-bin/search.cgi?zoom_query=test
        I don't see this text.

So I think there are two options.
        1) It is your script adding the text

2) You have something setup on your web server (e.g. the Apache .htaccess file) that forces any page, including pages generated with the virtual() command, to have a Content-type HTTP header inserted before the start of the page. Most of the time the HTTP header is hidden, but as you are including the page in another page maybe it can become visible.

Comment

Thanks again for your reply.

I tried changing things around in the htaccess file but that had no influence on the output in front of the search box.

For testing purposes, I also removed the php virtual() altogether from the php file, which resulted in the erroneous line disappearing (along w/ everything else, of course).

I guess this indicates that the way the virtual() is handled on the server may be the cause of this line of text. I'll talk to the hosting company since this error only occurred after they made a migration on their save.

Thanks again
          ph

Comment

I forgot to mention this earlier, but it is part of the instructions for wrapping the script.

"Check the "Disable charset enforcing on search script" option in the Advanced tab of the Configuration window. This is no longer possible since HTML is being displayed before the search script begins to output."

Failing to do this would normally result in the page erroring out, but maybe it is setup dependent and can just product erroneous text in some circumstances.

Comment

Hi again,

I've checked that box and re-indexed the site.

I am not sure if it makes a difference though as I am currently unable to include the cgi via virtual() (I seem to have the wrong path). I hope to hear back from the hosting company soon so I can fix that.

ph

Comment

Hi there,

Just a quick follow up.
                Our search is back up and running.

- We had to switch from virtual() to file_get_contents() bc virtual() is not supported in our Apache configuration.
                - We also indexed the site as per your directions w/ "Disable charset enforcing on search script"

Not sure which of the two changes was the critical one, but no everything seems ok.

Thanks
                ph

Comment

Working...
                X