Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating a static php search pahe.

Hello.
    I am sorry if this has been answered, searches didn't seem to give the answer I was looking for so here goes..

I have looked at custom samples, creating a php file called mysearch.php for example using the help docs..

I have had success with this to a point,
    I manage a falconry website and I want to create some static pages without including the search criteria in the url, i.e. don't use..

search.php?zoom_sort=0&zoom_query=eagle&zoom_per_p age=10&zoom_and=0

but what I wanted to do is have a php page called eagle.php that then shows the page results.

2 options I see are..

1: have a small eagle.php file that sets the variable $zoom_query = "eagle" and then include the search.php to use that search term.. (don't see how I can do this...)

2:make an identical copy of search.php, rename it to eagle.php

find line 148 and change from
    $query = "";
    to
    $query = "eagle";

I would prefer to know how to create a file called eagle.php which contains code like

PHP Code:
    <?php require_once("header.php"); ?>
    <?php $searchterm 
    "eagle"?>
    <?php 
    require_once("search.php"); ?>
    <?php 
    require_once("footer.php"); ?>
    and have the page return results for eagle..

any help would be great..

talk soon
    carl

What you are describing is usually done with something called "URL rewriting". It is a feature of the web server (Apache or IIS). However, it can be a complicated feature to use, but it is how it is normally done.

We don't normally encourage other methods of doing this which involve script modifications (which we do not provide free support for).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thankyou for your answer..
      I just emailed this next question, but i will ask it here anyway

Zoom creates a set of files that are to be uploaded, one of which is search.php

is this file always identical, or does it change on re-indexing and the changing of settings in the zoom software?

many thanks
      Carl

Comment

search.php file only changes between versions of the software.
        But settings.php changes with every index update.

Comment

Working...
        X