PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search not picking up parts of file name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search not picking up parts of file name?

I'm running the zoom search on some jpegs and when I do the search it will find the beginning of the filename, but if i enter any other part of it, it won't find anything.

Ex: filename: 655193]ALBRIGHT-HINTON]1-30-2006]F.jpg

when I search 655193 it comes up, but if I enter in ALBRIGHT or HINTON in the search I get nothing.

the odd thing is there are other file names in the same exact format except with different names like DIAZ that will work for the name when you search them.

Probably because of your word join rules settings under "Configure"->"Indexing options".

If you want to be able to search for "ALBRIGHT" or "HINTON" in the above name, you need to make sure to UNCHECK the following under "Indexing word rules":

Hyphens
    Dots

And possibly other things like Underscores, Commas, etc. if they appear in your filename, and yet you want them to split the word when indexing.

If you uncheck those options and re-index, you should find that those searches will now match that filename.

Click on the "Help" button in that configuration panel for more examples of how word join rules work.

Note also that you should likely be able to match those results without changing your word join rules if you were to search using wildcard characters like:
    *ALBRIGHT*
    *HINTON*
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X