Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line -deletepages desirable

Good Afternoon

I am conducting a test harness with the product, I am using V6 using the command line entirely.
    One hurdle I have come across is the way I need to delete more than one file at once. The command line offers the singular -deletepage but not the desirable -deletepages command.

By the way, I wonder why, if I delete a file from index and then another file, the limit is not decreased, I mean, suppose I have 3 files in index, I remove one, thus having 2 files searchable and 1 not searchable and limit to 3, then I add another one and limit is set to 4 files scanned.

Do you have plans about this topic?

Yes the -deletepages command is supported. It was accidentally omitted in the documentation. Like the other non-singular commands, it will expect a text file listing the pages to delete, a URL per line.

Let us know if you have any trouble with getting this to work.

As for the limits, this is because an incremental deletion leaves the content in the index, and only marks it as being deleted so it does not show up in the search results. A proper deletion requires a full re-index (assuming said page is no longer accessible via a link, or it is now excluded via the Skip Options).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ah, good to know.
      I created then a DOS script file named deletepages.bat with this command

zoomindexer -c -s zoom.zcfg -deletepages deletepages.txt

I put the pages to be deleted in file deletepages.txt
      I ran the script and ran smoothly, then I suggest you update the whole documentation.

What other commands are missing from the documentation?

Comment

Working...
      X