Exclude folder directory name from results index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude folder directory name from results index

If I search a term who also have identical folder name the results give me the folder directory.
    But the directory folders are not a file.
    I search only for find files not folders
    Not exclud the folder content but exclud who the folder directory appear as a result itself without files?
    I search for files not the folder itself.
    Skip otions to exclude the folder is no option because the content is for indexing

In particular case if I have a folder named "Week" with subfolders "1" e "2" etc.. when search for "Week" appear:

1. Week/1/
    2. Week/2/
    and exaustive if exists many subfolders until the first file found.
    The folders can be empty not interested for index

Thank you for anyone help, I see nothing for this in Options results layout or Indexing options

This doesn't normally happen unless you are indexing in Spider Mode, and your web site has been configured to either:

(a) Return directory listings as a page when you link to a folder (with no filename), or
    (b) Return a default file for a link to a directory, e.g. a link to:
    http://www.mysite.com/Week/1/
    will automatically use the page:
    http://www.mysite.com/Week/1/index.html

You should confirm which one of these is the case here. Are these directory pages giving you a directory listing (of the files contained within) or is it the index.html (or default.html) page?

Assuming you're talking about case (a), you can disable web directory listings on your web server so that such pages don't exist. Or if possible, use Offline Mode, and this will also not be a problem. But you must have all files on your local hard disk (and no dynamically generated pages such as PHP or ASP pages).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X