Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Refine your search by category" link issue

Hi,

its a long time, on the beginning I would like to say thank you for keeping going.

OK. I'm trying get back to the business but looks like I forgot many thinks.

I'm sure issues I get are because of missed thinks in my config but I can't find it my self please help me.

Most important:
    [1] lets say my search files are located in ../zoom_folder/ but here I get a link problem with every suggestions like "Did you mean:.." or "Refine your search by category:.." also "Next and Previous" those links show top url like www.mysite.com/search.cgi/etc... instead of www.mysite.com/zoom_folder/search.cgi/etc...

what I have done wrong here, please?

[2] when searching some words zoom returns an error: "The following word(s) are in the skip word list and have been omitted from your search:"

I checked twice for this word and is not in the list. actually error shows with any or at les many words

Some other observations I did.
    Not important for me but could be important to Wrensoft:

"ftp connect failed: Could not connect to specified server. Check server and login information."

My credentials are corect but I believe this have something to do because I use Zoom in Linux via Wine ftp does'nt work in v.6 and all 7 from alfa to beta.

Thank you very much for your help in advance

[1] My guess is that you have selected an incorrect 'Link back URL' in the Advanced configuration window in the Zoom indexer.

[2] In the 'Skip options' configuration window there is an option for skipping short words. Change this value to 0.

> ftp connect failed

Another than not supporting SFTP, there are no known FTP issues in V6. So it is more likely to be a config issue.

We are working on a full Linux release, so at some point later in the year you can try that out and remove the need for Wine.

Comment

Hi,

[1] Solved - by the way, You must be a magician, link back url was empty, with a full path to the script it worked like a charm.

[2] changing this value to "0" doesn't fix anything I still see a message "The following word(s)..." even if full word is inserted in the search box first few characters of this word its shown as omitted and search result come up below us normal

[3 - ftp] its only an observation couse allways we can use manual upload untill Zoom Linux release will come up.

When testing I changed port many times btw 21 and 22 with no luck, when "Automatically upload..." is checked with port 21 upload window come up and progress shows "in queue..." (in the back ftp works I mean is uploading and chmod files but when upload finish Zoom is closing with error) then with SFTP, Zoom is showing error mentioned above "ftp connect failed..." and ofcourse not uploading any. I'm sure this is a Wine problem but maybe You guys like to know its happening.

Thank you very much for helping me to solve and making undesrtand where was a link problem, I'd greatly appreciate it if you kindly help me to solve no. 2, please.

Many thanks in advance.
      My best regards, isd

Comment

[2] What is the URL for the site and the search word, so that we can see the problem.

Comment

Should I post it here or in to priv?

Comment

You can post it here if you don't mind it being public.

Comment

Hi,

Ok. because I had trouble with urls i did just a short index for testing, my index is based on many diferent start points and I don't want to index them to many times to not be baned or something so untill I solve those issues I'll not index every list.

Below are examples of when i get error "The following word(s)..."

[1] this search: http://noblejas.biz/buscar/search.cgi?zoom_query=policia&zoom_and=0&zoom_sort =0&zoom_per_page=10 shows an recomended and no results that's ok, because is only test index and this start poin is not included.

[2] this one: http://noblejas.biz/buscar/search.cgi?zoom_query=ayuntamiento&zoom_and=0&zoom _sort=0&zoom_per_page=10 shows an recomended + message from above ("The following word(s)..." )

[3] http://noblejas.biz/buscar/search.cgi?zoom_query=alcalde&zoom_and=0&zoom_sort =0&zoom_per_page=10 same as [2]

Thank you very much in advance for any help and suggestions

Comment

I'm sorry for bump, but before I get suggestion why could happen I can't go to the next step.

Could someone please see why I'm geting an error: "The following word(s) are in the skip word..." and this error appears only with some words even I changed Skip options value to 0 as suggested.

Thank you very much in advance for any help and suggestions

Comment

Looks like the URLs you posted are not public,

I get this browser error.
                  Access to the URL that you requested, /buscar/search.cgi, is forbidden.

Comment

I can see them all in both firefox and chromium? checking, what is happening

Comment

both folder /buscar and search.cgi are correct chmod to 755 and I checked via free proxy I can load those url's, not sure what happening maybe your ip is banned by fire wall? would you please pm your ip? so I'll check? or try those urls via of any free proxy, please if you don't mind, I'm sorry for this

Comment

[SOLVED] "The following word(s) are in the skip word..."

finally after testing to many times I can confirm even "Skip words" is set to "0" and everything checked twice not all words but some of them shows message: "The following word(s) are in the skip word..." and as the skipped word shows 5 sometimes 6 first characters of searched word. lets say when searched for wrensoft zoom returns: "The following word(s) are in the skip word wrens" and below is showing results like usual of course only when running "zoom indexer" by "wine" on linux environment

conclusion: if someone wants to run zoom on linux is better to wait for full linux release cause running your project by "wine" is wasting of time, it looks like is working well but has few hidden faults so when working with zoom i'll go back to windows where "zoom indexer" its working like charm, of course depends of our settings where we do most faults but then if zoom its well configured always works as expected and without issues at all

thank you for help and for patient
                        my best regards, isd (happy user)

Comment

Working...
                        X