link back url setting not returning any page in Wordpress setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link back url setting not returning any page in Wordpress setup

I cannot get the link back url set correctly to bring back any results when I enter a search term into the search box. My wordpress site just returns the standard "It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for" page... I have a feeling that it is because I am not understanding the way to set the path on my link back url to point to my page.

My wordpress search page comes up and the zoom search form appears just fine, just no results page when I perform a search.

Following are the particulars of my file structure and the files that I am using, and my main two questions will follow.

1. Wordpress is installed in the root of my site.

2. Here are Urls and Paths to the various files I am working with.
    a. http://www.mysite.com/price-search (the Url to the search page that I made in my wordpress pages)

b. /mfg_oldSite/wp-content/themes/bootstrap-child/dealer/priceSearch/search.php (Path to the zoom search.php file)

c. /mfg_oldSite/wp-content/themes/bootstrap-child/dealer/priceSearch/search_template.html (Path to the zoom search_template.html file)

d. /mfg_oldSite/wp-content/themes/bootstrap-child/templates/search_page.php (Path to the wordpress template for my search page in wordpress)

3. search.php has not been modified in any way.

4. I have disabled charset enforcing on search script in the advanced tab of configuration.

5. This is the content of my template page, search_page.php, which is used to produce the "http://www.mysite/price-search" page.

PHP Code:
    get_header(); ?>

<section id="primary" class="span12">
        <?php include_once('wp-content/themes/bootstrap-child/dealer/priceSearch/search.php'); ?> <!--This my include code-->
    </section><!-- #primary -->

<?php
    get_footer
    ();
    6. This is the content of my search_template.html page.

HTML Code:
    <header class="row-fluid section-margin-bottom-40">
    	<div class="span10 offset2">
    		<h1 class="homepageH1 title paragraph">Welcome to the Price Search Page</h1>
    	</div>
    </header>

<section class="row-fluid section-margin-bottom-40">
    	<div class="span10 offset2">
    		<!--ZOOMSEARCH-->
    	</div>
    </section>
    1. Does my link back url need to point to my base template page, search_page.php, or to the page that shows my search form on the site, which is has the slug "price-search"?
    2. Depending on which I should use, what path or url do I enter into the back link url spot in the configuration? I have tried all sort of comginations and none have brought back any results.

I had this all going fine when I had it installed on a self published site in our server. Now that I have moved to a Wordpress setup, I am having trouble catching on the the path or url structures I need to use.

The Link back URL should be okay if it is set to the "http://www.mysite.com/price-search/" slug. Remember you need to re-index and re-upload/copy the index and settings.php etc. files over for it to take effect.

What does the HTML for your search form look like? Are you pointing it to the above URL as well?

Here's a previous thread on Wordpress integration however they're using page_id's so it's a bit different and they can pass this as a parameter in their search form:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showth...earch-function
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. In your reply you said that the Link Back URL should be set to the slug of my search page in my wordpress driven website. I set the Link Back URL to that, re-indexed, and then re-uploaded.

No go. I got the site "Page not found" page again.

When I do a view source on my wordpress search page I see the following code in the form:

HTML Code:
      <form method="get" action="http://www.mysite.com/price-search.php" class="zoom_searchform"><input type="hidden" name="zoom_sort" value="0" />
      Search for: <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" value="" id="zoom_searchbox" class="zoom_searchbox" />
      <input type="submit" value="Submit" class="zoom_button" />
      <span class="zoom_results_per_page">Results per page:
      <select name="zoom_per_page">
      <option selected="selected">10</option>
      <option>20</option>
      <option>50</option>
      <option>100</option>
      </select><br /><br /></span>
      <span class="zoom_match">Match: 
      <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="0" />any search words
      <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="1" checked="checked" />all search words
      <br /><br /></span>
      </form><!--Zoom Search Engine Version 6.0 (1028) PRO-->
      It appears that the form is pointing to the correct page/slug in the "action=" area of the form.

What am I failing to understand in this setup? I'm sure it is probably something insanely simple.

As always, your answers and help are appreciated.

Comment

Also I need to add...

I do not understand "action=" pointing to my wordpress search page rather than pointing to search.php that comes from the Zoom generated files. I do not understand how the code in search.php get executed when the form does not point to it.

By the way, the URL of the page that is returned when I do a search of part number 65149 is the following:

Code:
        http://www.mysite.com/price-search.php?zoom_sort=0&zoom_query=65149&zoom_per_page=10&zoom_and=1
        Thanks
        Last edited by rwgraphics; Aug-09-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwgraphics View Post
          I do not understand "action=" pointing to my wordpress search page rather than pointing to search.php that comes from the Zoom generated files. I do not understand how the code in search.php get executed when the form does not point to it.
          According to your description, I expected the slug to be ultimately going to this page:
          /mfg_oldSite/wp-content/themes/bootstrap-child/templates/search_page.php

And this page above supposedly has an include() call to the "search.php" script.

An include() call essentially inserts the code of "search.php" to the parent page (search_page.php) in question.

Unless I am misunderstanding how the Wordpress "slug" works, and that it doesn't actually redirect to the "search_page.php" page with all the HTTP GET parameters intact, then this should work.

If however, the slug redirect does NOT pass any of the HTTP GET parameters (e.g "?zoom_query=test&zoom_per_page=10") then your form should probably have an action= attribute pointing to the "search_page.php" page. And your Link Back URL setting should go to this too.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X