Home » Forum
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yet another multiple domain question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another multiple domain question

Sorry to ask about this again, but I can't find this answered already.

I have a site with multiple sub-sites that need to be indexed and searched separately. For example:

www.site.com
    www.site.com/sub1
    www.site.com/sub2
    www.site.com/sub3
    www.site.com/sub4

I need to index and search each of these separately.

Does this mean I need to add each one as a new start point, category or as an entirely separate config in the indexer?

That said, I fear someone will ask if it's possible to create an advanced search page with checkboxes for searching selected /sub sites. Possible?

I'm using Zoom 6 Pro -- and love it!

Thank you!

You can either have one search function for the entire domain (including all the sub-folders), or you can have multiple search functions that search sub-sets of your site.

You call the sub sites, but really they are just folders. A true sub-domain would be like this,
    sub1.site.com/
    sub2.site.com/

If you want multiple search functions, then you need to setup multiple configuration files and have different start points (and skip lists) for each configuration file.

If you want a single search function, but still have the ability to limit the search to part of your site, then use categories.

Comment

Working...
    X