PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with display of Content Description containing embedded links.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with display of Content Description containing embedded links.

Hello,

On the search results page, where the Context Description is displayed, content that contains embedded links is malformed.

Here is an example:

Here is the test search page: http://tinyurl.com/ploy8ra

Please search for a term. I use "stereolithography" in my example.

Search results page is: http://tinyurl.com/n6jfz8r

A copy & paste example is shown below (extraneous text is highlighted in red font):
    DSM Somos located in Elgin, Illinois
    ... Materials. DSM Research& Development. 1122 St. Charles Street Elgin, Illinois 60120- USA Telephone: 847-697-0400, Toll-Free: 800-222-7189 Fax: 847-695-1748 Website: www.dsmsomos.com A producer of resin materials for stereolithography systems. Product application areas include thermoplastic automotive housings (24) housings air bag housings (3) exterior lighting housings (3), dashboard assemblies, etc. Proprietary data marked by astericks ( ...

The Content Description should actually look like this instead:
    DSM Somos located in Elgin, Illinois
    ... Materials. DSM Research& Development. 1122 St. Charles Street Elgin, Illinois 60120- USA Telephone: 847-697-0400, Toll-Free: 800-222-7189 Fax: 847-695-1748 Website: www.dsmsomos.com A producer of resin materials for stereolithography systems. Product application areas include thermoplastic automotive housings, dashboard assemblies, etc. Proprietary data marked by astericks ( ...

That extra text (shown in red font above) originates from an embedded hyperlink. If you follow the search result for DSM Somos and hover over the embedded link named 'housings' you'll see what I am talking about. I presume and hope that this situation is an unanticipated bug that can be fixed. Please let me know what you think and/or suggest.

Ok, I've since developed a workaround where I trick Zoom into indexing a mirror set of the website pages (with the troublesome embedded hyperlinks removed) so I no longer need a solution for this. My workaround is not a problem, performance-wise, because I am indexing offline. However, Wrensoft may still want to see if they can apply a fix for the issue described above for the benefit of other future users.

Comment

I no longer see the problem on your site. So as you say, it looks like you fixed it.
      I don't think it was a problem with the software. More likely it was a corrupted index.

Comment

Working...
      X