Qustion to all, for extreem & advanced serching with little CP momory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qustion to all, for extreem & advanced serching with little CP momory

lets say one had did a crawl in food links then saved the all the cgi files and put them in food folder
    then delete the old files
    do a new crawl for torrents put all the files in the torrents file

delete do a new crawl for computers then put the files in the folder computers
    and so on

then link your main search web page to the folders, that have the specified results

#1? I know you can do this in the zoom council

#2? will it make each result in its own folder;s

#3? Would it not lead to more accurate results hit's on a mass scale

#4? This way one will not have to having mass amounts of memory for mass crawling

as its smaller crawls at a time,to make a very large scale search engine

With up to hundreds of Townsend of search pages to a million of pages

And how would one go about this. i have ideas to make this work, But would like to HAVE SOME MORE INPUT FROM YOU ALL and the zoom Team

And how to clear all the last search resales,to start a fresh new one without any old resales
    effecting the new crawl,I read some where just rename the save folder or each time one could specify the folder of the new crawl AKA world , art , Torrens . computers , phones. apps. and so on.
    Last edited by Brittany; Dec-02-2013, 12:23 AM.

Adding a little

Originally posted by Brittany View Post
    lets say one had did a crawl in food links then saved the all the cgi files and put them in food folder
    then delete the old files
    do a new crawl for torrents put all the files in the torrents file

delete do a new crawl for computers then put the files in the folder computers
    and so on

then link your main search web page to the folders, that have the specified results

#1? I know you can do this in the zoom council

#2? will it make each result in its own folder;s

#3? Would it not lead to more accurate results hit's on a mass scale

#4? This way one will not have to having mass amounts of memory for mass crawling

as its smaller crawls at a time,to make a very large scale search engine

With up to hundreds of Townsend of search pages to a million of pages

And how would one go about this. i have ideas to make this work, But would like to HAVE SOME MORE INPUT FROM YOU ALL and the zoom Team

And how to clear all the last search resales,to start a fresh new one without any old resales
    effecting the new crawl,I read some where just rename the save folder or each time one could specify the folder of the new crawl AKA world , art , Torrens . computers , phones. apps. and so on.
    I would then have 7 servers on a cluster all with zoom installed doing there designated search and sending putting in the corresponding folder on one main server for one website search engine

Comment

What you're describing is basically making a search index for each folder (or type of file), and creating multiple sets of indexes and multiple search pages for each folder.

That's fine. That's a recommended usage if you want to search a large volume of data, and your user searches will always be divided by these folders/file types, then that's fine, and a much more efficient way of managing your search.

The best way to do this is to create multiple configuration files. These are the ".zcfg" files which store your Zoom configuration.

So you create one configuration to index your "food" folder, and specify the output folder accordingly (e.g. "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\search\food\" if you are indexing on an IIS server directly). Save this as "food.zcfg" for example.

Then have another configuration to index your "torrents" folder, output directory (e.g. "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\search\torrents\"), save this as "torrents.zcfg" ... and so on.

Now you can simply load and run the configuration when you want to index that particular search function. Or schedule them all to run one after the other, etc.

Then you do not need to delete and copy files over and over again.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Very cool info Ray Thank you for your help one qustion

how can i get zoom to look in all folders with out a drop down menu

trying to keep my serch as close to googl as posible, All so i am having a few problems all my searches seem to be case sensitive or exact word sensitive, or nothing come up, i realy need to get around this some how even to the pont i have installed opensearch to see how it works ,
        i have canada and uk and us indexed let say, if i search canada nothing Canada it all comes up, all so is there a pack i can download to add in the pronouns and outher info that is not in zoom,so i do not have to configer every thing , that can halp my serch resalts turn out better, ps i do not have exact sech cheked in , all so if i where to put in the word can .it should bring up every thing can right to canada , i use this search engine to catalog the internet not my website so realy neading any extra help i can get , if any one has any thing i can add to zoom please feel free post it or email it to me , I was all so wondering, if one can some how add the cataloging to a fully dedicated sql database , it would be a very cool option, Whats good for me is good for you Cheers Happy new Year all

Comment

how can i get zoom to look in all folders with out a drop down menu
          Do you mean after you have Categories enabled? By default the category dropdown would have "All" selected (which looks in all categories). There are ways to disable the drop down menu so it does not appear, but then why have the categories in the first place? So I'm not sure what you're asking.

...All so i am having a few problems all my searches seem to be case sensitive or exact word sensitive, or nothing come up,
          You may have accidentally turned on "Support single-case languages" under "Configure"->"Languages". Uncheck this option (you will need to reindex for it to take effect).

I was all so wondering, if one can some how add the cataloging to a fully dedicated sql database , it would be a very cool option,
          There is no benefit to storing the search index in a SQL database. In fact, it would increase load time with the overhead. The .ZDAT index file format is largely designed to work as a custom database on its own.

Putting things in a SQL database does not magically make it faster. It depends on the nature of the data, and the ways we are retrieving it (which are already optimized really to outperform SQL in our usage cases).
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you Again Ray, For the new info and your time. Moving along, Do i have to use the mach patter
            in category's as my Category;s are not .txt doc or pdf or mp3 ecset
            Can it just be left (blank) or will it bother the results

#2 What am i doing wrong As my pictures are not showing up ,Just under recommended

I have Installed the ext,Thy show up on my recommended @ the top when the right searched Word

but if i search png or jpeg or jpg ecst This is what i get

I relay knead to have pictures added and showing like Bing Google ecset
            on any search did if posible

1300_170.jpg
            JPEG file, size 170x239
            ... JPEG file, size 170x239 ...
            10 Apr 2008 - URL: http://www.t-kingdom.com/products.htm
            digital_030.jpg
            JPEG file, size 640x480
            ... JPEG file, size 220x196 ...
            8 Jun 2009 - URL: http://www.glcsmn.org/Pridefest/pridephotos.php?func=PREV&index=16
            1338507095.jpg
            JPEG file, size 918x248
            ... JPEG file, size 170x191 ...
            31 May 2012 - URL: http://www.centralpapridefestival.com/voices-united---726.html
            1300_lateral_w_170.jpg
            JPEG file, size 170x191
            10 Apr 2008 - URL: http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/english/page1300_english.shtml
            1300_w_1700.jpg
            JPEG file, size 170x191
            10 Apr 2008 - URL: http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/english/page1300_english.shtml
            1480_170.jpg
            JPEG file, size 170x239
            ... JPEG file, size 170x239 ...
            10 Apr 2008 - URL: http://www.t-kingdom.com/
            1480_220.jpg
            JPEG file, size 220x334
            ... JPEG file, size 220x334 ...
            10 Apr 2008 - URL: http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/english/page1480_english.shtml
            1480_back_w_170.jpg
            JPEG file, size 170x213
            ... JPEG file, size 170x213 ...
            10 Apr 2008 - URL: http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/english/page1480_english.shtml
            1480_lateral_w_170.jpg
            JPEG file, size 170x213
            1480_w_170.jpg
            JPEG file, size 170x213
            Result Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next >>

Comment

Thank you Again Ray, For the new info and your time. Moving along, Do i have to use the mach patter
              in category's as my Category;s are not .txt doc or pdf or mp3 ecset
              Can it just be left (blank) or will it bother the results
              If the patterns are blank, then nothing will match the category. But you can still specify the category via a ZOOMCATEGORY meta tag on the page itself. Do you intend to do this? Otherwise, how do you intend to identify what belongs in what category?

#2 What am i doing wrong As my pictures are not showing up ,Just under recommended

I have Installed the ext,Thy show up on my recommended @ the top when the right searched Word

but if i search png or jpeg or jpg ecst This is what i get
              Are you talking about configuring images for Recommended Links? There's an exclusive "Image URL" you can specify for each recommended link (under "Configure"->"Recommended")

Or are you talking about something else? Since extensions have nothing to do with recommended links.

Sorry, your post is very hard to follow.

For image files that have been indexed (e.g. .jpg files) you can configure thumbnails for them under "Configure"->"Scan options"->Double click on ".jpg"->"Configure images"->select "Display different thumbnails for each file".

By the default setting it will use the original images as the thumbnail.

Then under "Configure"->"Results Layout", check the option for "Image" so that it will appear.

More help here:
              http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...ge_layout.html
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Category's How to explain this ,I will Do my best. I have a folder with 33 folders of Category's,not inc the main folder there in. The mainsite folder that holds all 33 Category's has a search,php and a zoom.cfg like all the other folders have,Every folder has its own category.And thy all have the same drop down category menu as the main website, http"//mainsite.com. In the main website i have cataloged one group of internet sites not corresponding to the other 33 Category's,The mainsite search drop-down menu.I want to "link" or have it retrieve the info from the other folders a.k.a zoomcat databases". So each search results has its very own folder.MY Resign</ This will increasing my speed on searching AND Memory when indexing,And i can have hundreds of Townsend of of indexes on php platform, With out the load on the memory and way more accurate results,Then one mass index,at the scale i am wanting to achieve AND Faster more accurate indexing.AS windows memory leek id think would all so have a impact on a 3 day non stop indexing, and that must distort the info being collected or would slow it down,Each folder is set to update by zoom console .each category is indexed then the memory is clears automatically already by zoom after each index,?

So what i am asking is how to get the drop down menu to retrieve the corresponding information from the other folders zoomcat and post it. <select name="zoom_cat[]"><option value="-1">All</option><option
                value="0">images_lgbt</option><option........So zoom_cat is the holder of the information on the menu assuming value="0">images_lgbt</option><option and i need it to retrieve the info from images_lgbt folder for its info and so forth

just thinking

value="0">images_lgbt<href=images_lgbt/zoom_cat<name="zoom_cat[]"><option value="o"images_lgbt</option><option

Even if i did finger this out,It would have to be in the main indexer system. As every time i re indexed, It would change it back
                Last edited by Brittany; Jan-08-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X